The Travel Corporation is a highly successful international travel group with over 30 award winning brands. These include luxury hotels and boutique river cruise ships, niche tour operators and other leisure interests. The Travel Corporation’s guiding principle is one of providing the most enjoyable, enriching travel experience for its customers across the globe.
We are a global business with 30 award winning brands operating in 70 countries around the world. We operate in B2B, B2C, and B2B2C environments and we continue to invest to improve our customer experience and the systems needed to underpin this.
Our Business Analysts are a vital player in adding value to the Travel Corporation and work to all business need with IT solutions, to improve customer service and support business growth. The BA role will perform both business process analysis and system analysis, working closely with the project manager, product owner and business stakeholders to shape projects, elicit requirements and retain ownership of project requirements through to delivery; supporting implementation and the handover of the new systems and processes into business ownership and applications support.
You are someone who will also be able to challenge the business to identify true needs and requirements. You will be determined to understand the desired outcome at the root of the request, rather than being an 'order taker' for system changes. You will be aware of the impact that IT change will have on the business and will support implementation activities - especially user acceptance testing, and training.
Working in a global business, you will often need to solicit requirements from key stakeholders around the world, taking into account where diversity of approach provides true business edge in the local marketplace, while at the same time endeavouring to streamline and improve processes throughout the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately and efficiently identify, define, document and present business requirements. Analyse and interpret into pragmatic solutions through IT provisions and/or definition of improved/changed business process.
- Seek out opportunities with the business to streamline/improve existing processes whilst also seeking areas where business and system processes can be better aligned to gain efficiencies.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, and work with them to prioritize system deliverables.
- Produce detailed user stories and test case scenarios
- Provide the required level of input to developers to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Act as the coordinator between business stakeholders, the development team and any third parties concerning system functionality.
- Provide walk-throughs and produce training documentation for new or changed system functionality.
- Provide Quality Criteria to assist with definition of test strategy, test planning, system testing and UAT planning, including the provision of test data and expected results.
- Working with apps support set-up post-implementation support and deliver training where required.
- Quickly become a SME in the business processes and how IT systems are used in support of them.
- Escalate problems through agreed channels as appropriate and manage them through to successful resolution, keeping all stakeholders regularly updated.
- Write, extend and enhance system documentation.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service at all times, demonstrating strong relationship management and influencing skills.
- Manage stakeholder expectations using a robust communications strategy.
Essential Skills, Competencies and Experience
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills including Business, IT and 3rd Party Vendors.
- Drive and self-initiative. Able to see problems through to conclusion, irrespective of delay, opposition, diversion or lack of product knowledge.
- Able to take ownership and responsibility to identify issues and risks and drive stakeholders to resolution and management of these.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology especially writing and managing user stories
- The ability to storyboard and lead solution scoping process whilst ensuring all stakeholders are informed and clear on project activity / involvement.
- Understanding of technical concepts and models is critical.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate at both a technical and non- technical level. Must be able to use a range of communication skills including presentation skills to suit the subject matter and the audience. Understanding how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills to assist the team to identify and remove obstacles.
- Empathy, common sense and pragmatism. Be able to relate to both business and technology stakeholders.
- Commercial awareness with a well-developed instinct of when people or business priorities have changed and ability to quickly modify behaviour to achieve effective outcomes.
- Be open to change: adapting easily to new processes and procedures and coping with changing priorities and pressures.
- Ability to contribute to the continuous improvement of team and business processes.
- Able to work to tight timescales, prioritise tasks and meet all schedules set by your manager.
- Be prepared to be flexible with working hours to meet peak demands or work with global stakeholders in other time zones.
- Experience in the use of JIRA software or equivalent is helpful but not essential.