December 13, 2018
Job Title: Product Supervisor
Department: Operations Department
Reports to: Operation Manager - Europe
We're not your average travel company. We link up the best cities and destinations in Europe, Asia, USA and Canada with a commitment to the independent traveler to make their time, cash and experiences go further. By being the alternative choice, we have remained dedicated to our freestyle form of travel and our unique Hop-on Hop-off flexible coach network.
General Purpose of Role
The main task of the Product Supervisor is to ensure a safe, efficient and smooth running of our tour products in Europe. Primarily overseeing the performance, development and training of guides and coordinating and communicating with suppliers to ensure that all tour products are operated to the highest standard. Each Product Supervisor is assigned a European region where they play a key role in the successful operation- liaising closely with Crew trained in the region, overseeing a yearly regional training trip and maintaining relationships with local partners and suppliers.
This is a permanent role is based in out London HQ.
- Mentoring, coaching, and guidance of Crew to ensure high performance, support and retention.
- Preparation and running of regional training trips.
- Supervising the safe, efficient and smooth running of all tour products.
- Full communication with Crew, reading and replying to tour and on-road reports and ensuring Crew are fully briefed, organised and resourced to deliver.
- Monitoring of tour NPS and feedback to ensure exceptional customer experience and continual improvement of product delivery. Reviewing and managing Crew performance.
- Assisting with the recruitment of new Crew on a yearly basis - interviewing, maintaining communication and supporting learning throughout the process.
- Providing accounts support to Crew to help facilitate an efficient accounts process.
- Preparing information for brochure production, tour information sheet production, and website updates.
- Updating and maintaining all relevant tour itineraries and guidelines, ensuring accuracy across the website, brochure, and internal and external documents.
- Resolving operational issues as they occur and liaising with relevant parties as and when required.
- Providing 24/7 Crew support on a rotating basis with other members of the Operations team to ensure support for crew, passengers and the Operation in the event of serious incidents or events.
- Conducting regular field trips where deemed necessary by the Operations Manager.
- Preparation of special groups, 'fam' trips and festival products.
- Organisation of Secret shoppers to help monitor Crew and product performance.
- Assisting with the negotiation of rates and contracts of accommodation, excursion suppliers, and external partners.
- Researching and creating new European product in conjunction with the Head of Operations.
- Developing, supporting and displaying passion for Busabout Cares projects in Europe.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of operating regions, products and delivery.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- Advanced English language verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with and relate to international suppliers and Tour Guides.
- Experience in dealing with people, staff and stakeholders.
- On-Road Tour Management or Operational experience in Europe.
- Experience in logistics and/or travel itinerary planning.
- Flexibility with the ability to work weekends, non-standard office hours and spend time out of office as required.
- Ability to work alone and self-motivate, along with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Extremely well organized and methodical, with an eye for detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within tight deadlines and budgets.
- The chance to work for an exciting, fast developing and successful company.
- Extensive travel opportunities.
- Being part of a small team, the satisfaction of ownership and the opportunity to create, develop and grow Busabout product.
- Competitive salary and a range of company benefits.
Application closing date: Friday 4th January