The Travel Corporation is a highly successful international travel group with over 40 brands. The Travel Corporation offers something for everyone. Our multi award-winning portfolio ranges from luxury hotels and boutique river cruises, to independent holiday package companies and a variety of guided travel experiences. Enriching travel experience for our customers across the globe.
Visit the TTC website >
Optional Experience Product Executive
Summary of the role
We are looking for a dedicated and creative individual to source, create and maintain our optional experience programmes for our key brands Trafalgar, Costsaver, Brendan Vacations and Insight Vacations. You will be working closely with the Quality Control Manager as well as the on road and internal teams to ensure the experiences are appropriate, good value, enjoyable and safe. This person will responsible for managing all optional experiences across our brands and ensuring the good delivery of these trip enhancements.
Optional Experiences are the additional experiences our guests can purchase to enhance their trip. They are becoming ever more important in their buying decisions and are an important way for them to tailor their vacation when traveling with us. Our guests are looking for unique, authentic and interesting experiences that provide a chance for them to connect with local people and cultures.
The Optional Experience Product Executive will report to the Quality Control Manager, working within the Quality Control and Guest Documentation Department
The successful candidate will be an independent thinker and a team player with excellent communication skills. An ability to communicate effectively at all levels is vital, and proven relationship management will be beneficial. They will be creative and will have the ability to identify areas of improvement in our existing experiences and opportunities for new and unique ones with variety and choice.
The role requires excellent attention to detail, strong time management skills and an ability to manage challenging projects. They will need to have experience in working to tight deadlines and an ability to work under pressure.
The candidate must have proven experience within the group travel industry and will have a strong knowledge of the European destinations that our brands operate in.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sourcing, creating and maintaining optional experiences for our key brands
- Assisting our custom groups and smaller brands, such as Transat, with the creation and maintenance of their optional experiences
- Collaborating with our on-road Travel Directors to source and trial new experiences, to ensure they fit within the programme and are appropriate for the brands
- Collaborating also with our Director of Partner Marketing and exchanging ideas with our other TTC brands.
- Collecting and maintaining appropriate health and safety details from each supplier, checking their liability amounts and ensuring health and safety compliance
- Collaborating with our contracting teams to ensure official contracts are provided for every supplier
- Updating the pricing for optional experiences season to season and maintaining all costing information
- Monitoring the quality of optional experiences and providing feedback to relevant suppliers, ensuring any delivery issues are resolved
- Monitoring and responding to Health and Safety concerns raised by guests and Travel Directors, highlighting any trends to the Quality Control Manager
- Attend the annual end-of-season meetings to collate feedback make appropriate seasonal changes to optional experiences
- Working closely with the Guest Documentation Executive to ensure all experiences are attached to the correct guest documentation for each season
- Ensuring all information is accurately represented throughout all our platforms (Content Management System, Website, Online Applications used by Travel Directors)
- Attend the Annual Travel Director meeting
- Attend relevant in house and outside training and industry workshops
- Plan and conduct supplier visits and audits
- Visit key destinations and suppliers in order to create new relationships and business opportunities
International travel will be required. All candidates need to have the right to work in the UK to be considered.
To deliver services effectively a degree of flexibility is needed, and the post holder may be required to perform tasks not specifically listed here.