1st/2nd Line Support Desk Analyst
The Travel Corporation is a highly successful international travel group with over 25 award winning brands. These include luxury hotels and boutique river cruise ships, niche tour operators and other leisure interests. The Travel Corporation’s guiding principle is one of providing the most enjoyable, enriching travel experience for its customers across the globe.
1st/2nd Line Support Desk Analyst
Our philosophy is simple. To create enriching experiences for our travellers by combining an unbeatable mix of exceptional service and quality at great value. No matter what their taste, whether they are a family or a couple, a group or travelling solo-The Travel Corporation offers something for everyone.
Our employees strive to create unforgettable memories and experiences for all our clients. We push ourselves to consistently do better, to be the leader with all our brands. We are dedicated to the team, understanding that not one of us works best alone.
As a worldwide travel expert, we currently operate in 70 countries, with over 40 offices and more than 10,000 team members, serving over 1.5 million customers annually. Career opportunities at The Travel Corporation are as diverse as the travel experiences we offer and our teams, our family, is absolutely our greatest asset. Working with a collaborative team spirit, we are dedicated to providing exceptional service to our customers.
This role encompasses all areas of technology used within the desktop environment including Microsoft, Apple, and a range of bespoke applications. The role is to proactively work within the London based Service Desk team to support the EMEA Area. We are looking for an enthusiastic IT professional to come on board as part of the Service Desk Team reporting to the Service Desk Manager. The successful applicant will be a fast learner with at least 1 year prior experience in a similar role, as well as having a natural flair for solving problems and adapting to new situations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Triage incidents and service requests via phone, e-mail, Service-Now.
- Troubleshoot end user incidents and where possible resolve upon first contact.
- Accurately record and document all details of the incident or service request, including categorization and priority into Service-Now
- When incidents are raised the job holder will need to quickly determine the severity of the issue Based on Impact/Urgency.
- Day to day tasks will involve various aspects of UK and EMEA support including AD management, deployment and maintenance, print management, patching, rollouts, video conferencing, as well as servers and software that support these functions where required. Predominantly PC but also Mac support.
- Manage cO365 Cloud users in Azure and in the O365 Admin Centre
- Provide remote access/VPN support
- Install and support all telephony services including mobile devices (incl. iPhone Android)
- Maintain and monitor backup cycles for all services
- Ensure stock of spare and loan equipment is managed appropriately to ensure quick response to new requests or faults requiring replacement.
- Responsible for the creation, review and publication of the technical documentation ensuring that central support documentation is developed, maintained and used appropriately to drive continual service improvement and first-time fix.
- Be an advocate for the end user to ensure he or she receives high-quality and timely service and support from the entire IT organization.
- Will be able to demonstrate strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft desktop operating systems and the MS Office suite.
- O365 administration experience
- Experience in Apple Mac support
- Working knowledge of HP servers and workstations/laptops.
- Good knowledge & experience of working to ITIL methodologies preferred.
- Knowledge of Service-Now (ITSM tool)
- Working knowledge of network topologies, server infrastructure, MS server operating systems, MS Exchange and AD (including group policies)