Node JS Developer
The Travel Corporation is a highly successful international travel group with over 30 award winning brands. These include luxury hotels and boutique river cruise ships, niche tour operators and other leisure interests. The Travel Corporation’s guiding principle is one of providing the most enjoyable, enriching travel experience for its customers across the globe.
Node JS Developer
The Travel Corporation is a successful global player in the Travel Sector which is a highly competitive and fast-moving industry.
The development team is composed of a number of agile teams with an ever expanding portfolio of applications to support the global business. We believe in fully owning our applications, right from writing the code, through to building and maintaining our own infrastructure using AWS and utilising continuous deployment. We pride ourselves on building amazing teams who strive to improve by the day and enjoy taking on new challenges.
We like to look after our team, so through social activities, innovation time, perks, this is what we do. From Playstation comps, beer/wine Fridays, quarterly pizzas, bi-weekly breakfast, we've got it covered! On top of this, we are based in a fantastic location next to Hyde Park (great if you like to go for a lunchtime walk/run).
We believe in providing solutions to problems and selecting the best tool/approach to achieve this.
Your primary responsibilities will be to work with the team to build high-quality and innovative software as well as constantly driving quality throughout the team.
The projects the teams are involved in are highly business critical, so we are looking for a Senior Developer who is well experienced in technology, ecommerce and back office systems and working in an Agile driven environment. The more complicated the projects you have been involved in the better; we are looking for a person with a "can do" attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively contribute to develop the system architecture in accordance to the strategic direction of the company to deliver requirements in a cost efficient and timely manner.
- Lead development and code review activities, ensuring the application of the appropriate software standards, techniques, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Be responsible for the code level design, code organization, use of appropriate patterns and code quality for the successful implementation of a solution
- Take ownership of code quality metrics and maintenance aspects.
- Assist with the ongoing refinement of development and delivery methodologies.
- Guide and mentor other team members.
Experience and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Extensive experience of developing high performance, large-scale systems throughout the product lifecycle.
- A well-organized team player, able to manage multiple tasks and priorities in parallel.
- Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban or Lean).
- Agile engineering practices (BDD, TDD, CI, peer reviews, refactoring, etc.).
- Strong understanding of design patterns and micro-services architecture.
- Experience in Git, Continuous Integration and AWS.
- Thorough understanding of relational databases and non relation databases
- Excellent coding skill in Node.js
- Proficiency in Linux environment.