Node JS Developer
The Travel Corporation is a highly successful international travel group with over 30 award winning brands. These include luxury hotels and boutique river cruise ships, niche tour operators and other leisure interests. The Travel Corporation’s guiding principle is one of providing the most enjoyable, enriching travel experience for its customers across the globe.
Node JS Developer
Location: London (Victoria)
Reporting to: Delivery Manager
The Travel Corporation is a successful global player in the Travel Sector which is a highly competitive and fast-moving industry.
Our eCommerce platform supports a range of global travel brands, including Contiki, Insight Vacations and Trafalgar. In today's increasingly multichannel environment, our systems need to continue to adapt in order to ensure that we provide the best possible experience for our consumers and trade partners.
The development team is composed of several agile teams with an ever-expanding portfolio of applications to support the global business. We believe in fully owning our applications, right from writing the code, through to building and maintaining our own infrastructure using AWS and utilising continuous deployment.
We pride ourselves on building amazing teams who strive to improve by the day and enjoy taking on new challenges.
As a Software Developer, you'll be working in an agile team - using pair programming techniques and working with passionate and engaged Product Owners - delivering features to improve the platforms responsible for sending 1.5 million people on holiday each year. Our teams are moving quickly and constantly improving, both in the way we work and the tools we use. If you love working with your team from the initial problem to delivering the best solution for our customers, this is for you!
The more complicated the projects you have been involved in the better; we are looking for a person with a "can do" attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Helping to define User stories
- Design, Development and Deployment
- Code reviews
- Automated Testing (Unit, E2E, integration)
- Communicating progress
- Supporting core business operations on a range of platforms including payments, reservations and CRM
- Helping to embed excellent software engineering practices across the team
- Pairing with and mentoring junior team members
Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years of experience as a software engineer/developer
- Experience of working in a TDD and pair programming environment
- Experience working in an Agile, fast moving development environment
- Desire to embrace and help embed pair programming techniques
- Understanding of CI and/or CD (GitHub, TeamCity, Jenkins) and AWS
- Understanding of web services (RESTful) and best practices
- Experience of Java (preferred)
- Mocha/Jasmine, or other testing framework
- AWS services - Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, KMS, CloudFormation, SAM