‘The Art of Traveling in Style' is the philosophy at the heart of Insight’s range of Premium, Deluxe and Independent style vacations. Smaller group sizes, coaches with more legroom and comfort, selected hotels in desirable locations, leisurely paced itineraries, more included sightseeing, delicious dining and more personalised service bring new perspectives to escorted tours and cruises in Europe, Eastern Mediterranean, North Africa & Asia and USA & Canada.
Visit the Insight Vacations website >
Global Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover)
About Insight Vacations
With four decades of experience, knowledge and travel innovation, we have perfected the art of travelling in style. We are passionate about bringing together like-minded guests, taking them behind the scenes, introducing them to local characters and bringing to life the very best of each destination. We passionately show our guests the insights, not just the sights.
As an award-winning global company operating both a premium and luxury brand, we have escorted journeys to over 50 countries in Europe, as well as North America, Latin America, Asia, India, Africa and the Middle East.
Insight Vacations is part of The Travel Corporation which includes other leading travel brands such as Trafalgar, Contiki Holidays, Uniworld River Cruises and Red Carnation Hotels. The Travel Corporation is represented by over 40 sales offices and 10,000 team members globally, whilst serving over 2 million customers annually across more than 70 countries.
We are looking for a creative marketer with campaign and project management experience to join us at our global brand HQ in Geneva as part of the Insight Vacations & Luxury Gold Global Marketing team. Reporting to the Head of Marketing Communications, you will manage marketing campaigns and product launches, working with production and design teams, external agencies and regional marketing and digital teams to develop compelling communications
You will most likely be a marketing generalist with a broad marketing background and be as accomplished at managing traditional offline activity as you are at digital marketing. You will be comfortable delivering design projects to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with a strong project management mentality.
- Lead the creative direction and development of print marketing collateral (brochures, magazines, direct mail, posters, flyers etc) and advertising creative (press, display, outdoor)
- Own and deliver multi-channel B2C and B2B marketing campaigns from conception through to post-campaign analysis
- Develop sales pitches and presentations for regional sales teams to support product launches
- Support the development of global marketing messaging
- Support the development of digital marketing campaigns (web, email, social) in collaboration with the digital marketing team
- Guide the regional marketing teams on the development of region specific messaging to ensure global alignment
- Manage the internal communications to regional sales, marketing and reservation teams to support the launch of new marketing collateral and campaigns, and the implementation of new guest documentation
- Act as brand guardian and review regional marketing materials to ensure brand compliance and global consistency
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role in a global marketing department
- Marketing, business, communications or similar relevant Bachelor's degree. Post-graduate marketing qualifications an advantage
- Strong campaign management skills, capable of organizing and delivering multi-channel campaigns to fixed deadlines
- Proven experience of delivering results through working in cross-functional teams
- Proficient at writing creative copy for different mediums and channels
- Good knowledge of print processes and finishes
- Fluent in English (English mother tongue preferred)
- Background in the travel, hospitality, lifestyle or entertainment industries is a plus
Behavioural Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High attention to detail and a good eye for aesthetics and design
- A collaborative and energetic team player with strong influencing skills
- A self-starter with a positive can-do attitude, able to work quickly and confidently in the absence established procedures and protocols
- Flexible and adaptable approach, with a strong drive for results and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Willingness to support out of hours work and international travel due to the global nature of the role
- A passion for travel and an appreciation of remarkable experiences.