Lead Reservations Agent
Travel Corporation UK/Europe
Saint Peter Port, Saint Peter Port
May 2, 2019
The Travel Corporation is a highly successful international travel group with over 25 award winning brands. These include luxury hotels and boutique river cruise ships, niche tour operators and other leisure interests. The Travel Corporation’s guiding principle is one of providing the most enjoyable, enriching travel experience for its customers across the globe.
Visit the TTC website >
Lead Reservations Agent
To be the champion of your designated brands within your team and consistently work to promote a high level and quality of bookings in a World Class Call Centre. Develop & maintain technical expertise of the brands product, computer systems & booking process'. Support to the Reservations Sales Agents in all technical areas on a daily basis ensuring availability, openness & accuracy in providing information to the team. Liaise with other areas of the business to ensure correct processes are followed.
- Handle & resolve daily general questions from Reservations Sales Agents
- Formalise new reservation procedures & policies
- To be a champion of Salesforce and lead with training, adoption and auditing of the team
- Distribute product information & updates to the team
- Point of contact for inter-company departments product related enquiries
- Review procedures to reduce the amount of errors associated with the brand
- Work closely with the Call Centre Team Managers to provide feedback & training needs analysis
- Provide feedback on individuals to the Team Managers
- Resolve problems & queries from other areas that have generated from reservations
- Handle escalated customer calls & pre departure customer service issues
- Conduct regular quality control checks on bookings
- Complete daily refunds & journals
- Maintain updated product, system & process knowledge
- Review & report system errors to database for correction
- Run various reports for the brand as required
- Deliver training on product & system training when required
- Provide support to the Reservations Manager
- Answer customer calls during periods of high demand.
- On some days fairly constant support on the phones and emails is required.
- Handle Group quotes and bookings
- Ensuring that all emails in the varies mailboxes are actioned within a maximum 24 Hour turn around.
- Achieve QA standards as agreed at each quarter
- Achieve sales in line with quarterly targets
- To be a champion of new initiatives TTC undertakes and be a go to person for your team eg. Salesforce
- Engage in social media initiatives that TTC endorses eg. Yammer
Although this role has no direct reports, it is seen as a senior member in the team and should display the characteristics of a leader. Deputise for Reservations Manager as and when required & coach/develop other lead agents.
- Industry knowledge & understanding of the retail travel market is preferred
- Good understanding of the brands requirements & computer systems
- Exceptional knowledge in the brands product & reservations process
- An excellent understanding of Trafalgar, Insight Vacations, AAT Kings and Contiki is essential
- An understanding of the Uniworld product and a hunger to develop your knowledge
- An in depth knowledge of salesforce is also essential
- Developed interpersonal skills
- Build excellent business relationships
- Clear & concise communication skills
- Exceptional selling skills
- Deliver World Class "service excellence"
- Adaptable to change
- Show initiative & forward thinking
- Approachable & dependable
- Time management skills
- Problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to influence & gain commitment from others