The Travel Corporation is a highly successful international travel group with over 30 award winning brands. These include luxury hotels and boutique river cruise ships, niche tour operators and other leisure interests. The Travel Corporation’s guiding principle is one of providing the most enjoyable, enriching travel experience for its customers across the globe.
The Travel Corporation is a successful global player in the Travel Sector which is a highly competitive and fast-moving industry.
The development team is composed of a number of agile teams with an ever expanding portfolio of applications to support the global business. We believe in fully owning our applications, right from writing the code, through to building and maintaining our own infrastructure using AWS and utilising continuous deployment. We pride ourselves on building amazing teams who strive to improve by the day and enjoy taking on new challenges.
We like to look after our team, so through social activities, innovation time, perks, this is what we do. From Playstation comps, beer/wine Fridays, quarterly pizzas, bi-weekly breakfast, we've got it covered! On top of this, we are based in a fantastic location next to Hyde Park (great if you like to go for a lunchtime walk/run).
Primary responsibility of the QA Analyst will be ensuring system quality. This includes testing all system changes, including configuration changes and regression testing. The
primary testing technique will be manual testing of requirements and bugs. The testing will cover both functional and non-functional criteria. Creating test strategy, plans and other test artifacts are part of the role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review acceptance criteria for all system changes, writing comprehensive test cases and running and verifying tests for the defined scenarios (manual, automated functional and non-functional).
- Creating test strategies and plans for new projects undertaken by the delivery team.
- Creating change requests for deployments to test environments.
- Be an active part of all agile ceremonies in your assigned delivery team.
- Follow the prescribed defect life cycle process, assessing issue severity and priority, escalating as appropriate, maintaining ownership through to resolution.
- Develop a sound business understanding of SUT, ensuring tests are defined and developed with close alignment to the business use of the system.
- Working in a multi-disciplined team, use your experience to contribute to requirements analysis, development and support processes.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 3 years' testing experience - Required
- Understanding and application of Agile(SCRUM) practices and ceremonies - Required
- Experience with web service testing SOAP/REST JSON, XML - Required
- Experience with automated testing, tools, processes and approaches - Eclipse IDE, Selenium Webdriver, SpecFlow, JUnit, TestNG, BDD, TDD, Cucumber - Required
- Previous experience of bug/issue tracking systems e.g. Jira, Bugzilla- Required
- Proven understanding of SDLC processes - Required
- Experience with Test Management tools e.g. TestRail, QTest, HipTest, Zephyr, Quality Centre - Preferred
- ISEB Software Testing qualification or equivalent - Preferred
- Experience in performance testing - Desired