Sales & Marketing Assistant
We’ve been running legendary, award-winning trips since 1993 and our incredible reputation has been built on word of mouth. With the best local Guides who are passionate about their country and the famous wee yellow buses, there is no better way to discover Scotland, England and Wales with like-minded young travellers.
Find out more on the Haggis Adventures website >
Sales & Marketing Assistant
Reports to: Sales & Marketing Manager
Location: 60 High Street & Canning St., Edinburgh
Work Pattern: Monday-Friday, 9am - 6pm -flexibility as required including occasional weekends and reservation cover.
The Sales & Marketing Assistant will support the Sales & Marketing Manager and wider team with key marketing and business strategies. This will include the production of a range of digital and print publicity materials (such as website, e-newsletters, brochures, leaflets and banners).
Key Result Areas & Activites Performed
- Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations.
- Reporting results from Marketing campaigns and undertaking analysis.
- Sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press - local, regional, national and specialist publications - or on the radio, depending on the organisation and the campaign.
- Assisting with photo and video shoots and related production.
- Assisting with Sales & Reservations team as and when required.
- Implement specific marketing campaigns and new sales strategies as directed.
- Complete administrative tasks related to marketing activity.
- Maintaining and updating customer databases and image library.
- Attending and assisting with the organisation of events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions.
- Brand communications: assist in championing the HAGGiS Adventures, Highland Explorer Tours, The Skye Inn, and Morag's Lodge brands with in-line with the brand guidelines.
- Managing and maintaining all social media platforms.
- Manage website updates and broader content management of third-party media.
- Copy writing, editing and proof reading.
- Ensure all content is engaging for target audiences and feature concepts that communicate the brands tone of voice.
- Proactively source partnerships and manage relationships for social media collaboration.
- Proactively seek out opportunities with agents, venues, and hotels in terms of selling our products.
- Supporting the Sales & Marketing Manager and other colleagues in the wider team.
- Qualifications in Marketing, would be well regarded for this position, although alternative relevant experience would also be considered.
Required Skills, Experience & Peronal Traits
- A positive, "can-do" attitude.
- A great communicator with a natural flair for striking up conversation.
- Eager to learn and build on your Sales & Marketing Skills.
- A flexible and energetic team player who is always ready to go the extra mile.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal, and written communication.
- Offline digital marketing experience and some focus on print delivery and brochure production.
- Experience in creating engaging copy for online and print.
- Ability to understand website requirements for both brand and social media integration.
- Good Organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- High attention to detail
- Highly motivated, confident, resilient, and positive attitude.
- Passion for creativity.
- Fundamental Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
Useful Additional Experience
- Experience in / or an understanding of the Tourism Industry would be desirable but not essential.
- Customer service and Sales experience and focus.
- Personal travel experience.
- Design Development (not essential, but would be very useful to our team)
- Adobe Creative Suite (not essential but would be a brilliant help to your candidacy)
- Prior experience and proven track record of successfully running SEO and digital marketing campaigns.
- Using web based analytics to improve digital performance.
- Working with bloggers & vloggers - particularly travel related.
This position requires a highly motivated and committed individual who is results-driven and thrives in a dynamic and challenging environment. You will be a team player with a can-do attitude.