Visit the Uniworld website >
As part of TTC, a 100 year old and family-owned collection of hospitality brands, we're able to weather the most difficult of times without sacrificing our high standards. Our goal is to provide guests with an unparalleled luxury travel experience on intimate, boutique river cruise ships sailing on the European waterways. Service is at the heart of everything we do, and we seek people who love hosting, interacting with guests in a 5* setting and feel great about making them smile.
As the Leader of our culinary team you will assume full responsibility and oversee all aspects of the culinary operations on all owned ships regarding quality of production, as well as control of costs. You will work in a team of corporate- and senior chefs, and closely with other members of the executive management team, but especially with the director hotel operation to ensure a coherent product and smooth running of ship operations.
- Further develop the culinary concept and organization in accordance with guidelines set out by the owners and the company vision and mission, and in close collaboration with the Managing Director (menu engineering, recipe development for all ships)
- Train, coach, guide and support the culinary team (corporate and onboard teams) to ensure motivation, smooth teamwork, effective communication and overall guest and crew satisfaction
- Cooperate with the People and Culture Team for crew recruitment, scheduling, training and all disciplinary matters
- Travel extensively (around 50%) and possibly on short notice for operational ship visits to perform spot check visits, safeguard the concepts, policies, and procedures, set quality standards and goals
- Build and maintain partnerships with suppliers to ensure the best possible quality for most efficient budget use
- Be accountable for the operational cost of the culinary offering onboard, cooperate with the finance department and central purchasing in the annual budget and regular forecasting process
Being a Culinary Director at Uniworld means leading by example, being present on board, approachable to all crew, and contributing to company`s culture of diversity, inclusion, openness, sustainability and true, personalized hospitality.
You will be successful in this role if you are a:
- CULINARY EXPERT - you have 15+ years' experience in culinary hotel operations and management including at least 5 years in the cruise industry (experience in luxury, river or small ship operations is a must)
- COMMUNICATOR - you communicate effectively in English at all levels, one on one, to the department and to the entire staff, via phone, email and social media. You know when to talk and when to listen, are able to explain to your team everything, from company's goals to specific tasks
- MOTIVATOR - keep your team proud, motivated and inspired
- TRAINER - you have a proven track of training chefs at all levels, large, as well as small groups
- DRIVER - a self-starter with the ability to act nimbly in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities and sensitive deadlines
- PROFESSIONAL - have extensive knowledge of the products we offer, local laws and regulations regarding hygiene, food safety and working conditions as well as a solid understanding of Microsoft: Excel, PPT, Word and Outlook
What are we like?
- Future-focused, inquisitive and open- minded. Our employees come from various countries, backgrounds and cultures. We celebrate our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
- What else is important to us? A 5* experience of sustainable travel for our guests and for your career. Because you, just like our guests, deserve the best!
- To find out more about Uniworld, and your possible future work environment please click here
What do we offer?
- Contracts according to Swiss law with all social security benefits and full medical insurance
- Competitive remuneration package and regular holidays & social benefits
- Flexibility in the working and travel schedules - travel arrangements done through an online platform
- Performance related bonus scheme
- A great reputation for excellence and a stable team with a low crew fluctuation. Uniworld was named World's Best River Cruise Line with Travel and Leisure in 2021.
- Start of work - as soon as possible or by an agreement
- Place of work - around 50% of travel and 50% home office or office in Rheinfelden (Switzerland)
- Due to legal requirements we can accept only applicants from EU/EEA/CH.
- Position reports to the Managing Director