Trafalgar is the world leader in group travel, offering incredible travel experiences across all seven continents. Since our inception, we’ve been paving the way within the industry to offer the greatest travel experiences in travel that unlock the real soul of a destination.
But don’t take our word for it, we’ve got an independent 4.7/5 rating on Independent review site, Feefo, so you can read for yourself about why over 5 million happy past guests have loved travelling with us and why we’re the greatest way to travel. But it’s not just all about us! Our sister brand, Costsaver, is an up and coming brand making waves within the industry for stress-free VIT travellers looking for the essentials, but free time to tailor their trips their way.
Visit the Trafalgar website >
Head of Digital Engagement (Maternity Cover)
- Role Type: Temporary (7 month contract)
- Location: London
- Reporting to: VP Digital
- Contract start date: 26th April
Trafalgar is the world leader in group travel, offering incredible travel experiences across all seven continents. Since our inception we've been paving the way within the industry, offering the greatest experiences in travel to help our guests tour differently, by unlocking the real soul of a destination. But don't just take our word for it. We've got an independent 4.7/5 rating on Independent review site Feefo, so you can read for yourself why over 5 million happy past guests have loved travelling with us.
And it's not just all about us - our sister brand Costsaver, is growing fast and making waves within the industry. So what's the deal? Think stress free, independent guided travel for those who like the necessities (like transport and accommodation) included, but who also love the ability to choose and curate their ideal holiday, with a menu of incredible experiences to pick from each and every day of their tour. At Costsaver, we cover the essentials to give you the freedom to tailor your trip, your way.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to turn problems into solutions, who can both implement existing strategies as well as create new strategies across social, editorial, email and creative content.
- A natural leader. Someone who can mentor and encourage their team to think outside of the box, stick to deadlines and shoot for their best.
- An ideas person who puts the consumer first, coming up with new and innovative ideas to grow market share and achieve results.
- A strong and creative copywriter with the ability to craft original copy for different channels (including social, email, web pages and blogs), and with the ability to think and write SEO first.
- Data driven, with the ability to review and act on insight and then suggest new strategies, formats or ways of working.
- Super well organized, with the ability to manage multiple content calendars while ensuring the content on each channel tells a strong and unique brand story.
- An absolute team player. Someone who is willing to give their all, work to tight deadlines and turn around quality work to a consistently high standard with minimal direction required.
If so, we want you. Trafalgar and Costsaver are on the hunt for a Head of Digital Engagement (maternity cover) to work across both brands, heading up all social, editorial and creative storytelling for the brands. You must be available to start no later than the 26th April and please only apply if you have relevant experience working in a similar role, and with similar responsibilities.
Key responsibilities of the role:
Management of Trafalgar's blog, The Real Word
- Taking ownership of the editorial calendar and process and planning and briefing monthly articles to the writing team, who consist of both internal writers and a network of freelancers. This will include liaising with the email and campaign teams to align on messaging for the month ahead, and what blog content is required to support lead brand messaging as well as reactive content.
- Copy editing, approving and scheduling all blog content (we average around 30 articles per month), and ensuring all articles are properly optimised for SEO.
- Monthly reporting and analysis.
- Ensuring all content planned and created for the blog is laddering up to the 2021 strategy and objectives that have been set.
Management of social media for both Trafalgar and Costsaver
- Taking ownership of the social media calendar and planning content, ensuring we are always at least 2 weeks ahead. You will be the go-to person for all regional and global requests, so the calendar will be filled out taking into consideration both regional and global tactical messaging, brand messaging, and ensuring social content shared is aligned with both the blog and email calendar.
- Managing x 2 social coordinators, and 1 part time community manager. The coordinators source and create all social content, but you will be responsible for guiding them as to what content to create to execute appropriately and as per our 2021 strategy and goals. You will be responsible for copy editing and approving all content, ensuring everything is published in the appropriate brand TOV.
- As you see relevant, suggesting new content formats to help the channels achieve their goals, in line with the 2021 objectives that have been set. You're also free to tweak the strategy and make any suggestions that you think will help us better achieve our 2021 goals.
- Analysing the monthly social reports that are created by the coordinators to identify possible opportunities and problem areas, and distribute the reports to our regional teams.
Email creative & copywriting
- Planning the creative and copywriting for the majority of Trafalgar's emails
- Working with the CRM team on strategies for automated sends, and copywriting / suggesting creative ideas for these automations
- Ad hoc copywriting
- Ad hoc campaign and project management
- Managing a team of 3 (a Content Coordinator, Social Coordinator and part time Community Manager) plus a network of freelancers
- Proven experience working across editorial, social media and creative content.
- Previous experience in the travel industry would be preferred but not essential. We want to see how you have created and implemented strategies and ideas in your previous roles, and driven measurable results.
- Previous senior stakeholder management experience essential
- Must be available to start by 26th April