Uniworld Assistant Manager Program Operations
The Travel Corporation is a highly successful international travel group with over 40 brands. The Travel Corporation offers something for everyone. Our multi award-winning portfolio ranges from luxury hotels and boutique river cruises, to independent holiday package companies and a variety of guided travel experiences. Enriching travel experience for our customers across the globe.
Visit the TTC website >
Uniworld Assistant Manager Program Operations
At Uniworld, service is at the heart of everything we do. We treat our guests and colleagues as family - a philosophy instilled in our company culture as a family-owned business with 100 years in the hospitality industry.
As part of the incredible TTC Family of Brands we have great strength in collaboration and support, and are excited to announce a new opportunity within our European operations team, based in London. We are looking for an experienced and dedicated tourism professional in the role of Uniworld Assistant Manager Program Operations. This newly created position will report directly to our Uniworld Senior Operations Manager Program Services in Rheinfelden (Switzerland), with direct London support from both, the General Manager of Tracoin plus Director of European Operations for TTC.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient liaison between the London & Rheinfelden Offices. Aside from overseeing the program services operations of the stunning Uniworld fleet of ships, they will be responsible for developing working relationships within the TTC European Operation, European Reception Centre and Transport Departments within London. Collaborating with each of the respective teams they will ensure we collectively strive to deliver excellent customer experience within the land portion of Uniworld and with the continued development nurture and support of our Cruise Managers, Uhost and Local Host.
The below list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and will develop and expand in line with business development demands.
- Establish and manage the product delivery for the entire season by duly planning & arranging onshore/onboard program for assigned ships and itineraries
- Provide training and support to enable efficient and effective integration of the noted operations teams in London with the ship operations in Rheinfelden, Switzerland
- Overseeing the appropriate documentation is created for cruise and extension/land stay
- Support Uniworld Senior Operations Manager Program Services in maintenance and update of the specific operations manuals
- Key member of the team creating training presentations & supportive and educational materials for Cruise Managers, Uhosts and Local Hosts before, throughout and after the season
- Support the Cruise Manager, Uhost and Local Host assignment scheduling
- Provide operational support to assigned ships, itineraries, Cruise Managers, U Hosts, Local Hosts, and suppliers
- Supporting colleagues in facilitating operational questions from hotels for assigned ships
- Communicate with guest relations regarding any deviations, complaints, incidents, special requests and emergencies (pre/during/post cruise)
- Plan, manage, coordinate and execute special groups and charter requests for assigned ships
- Manage, coordinate and support in deviations & unforeseen situations for assigned ships
- Reconcile and accommodate any program or itinerary accounting related queries with the Finance Department
- Emergency on call duty as required during weekends and in accordance with a rotational roster
Reporting & Quality monitoring
- Quality control and follow up of the supplier performance for assigned ship.
- Manage and evaluate Local Guide services
- Quality control, evaluate, assess, and follow up of the Cruise Managers, Uhosts and Local Hosts performance
The successful candidate will require operational experience in River Cruising and destination knowledge of European waterways. Prior knowhow of MXP software would be extremely advantageous. They must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, a can-do attitude, attention to detail, be able to plan and work on their own initiative, and resourcefulness. Flexibility with working hours during busy periods is essential.
Further Key Skills:
- Able to communicate and conduct business fluently in English, and German, French, and other European languages is a bonus.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Great collaborator and team player
- Ability to think clearly, multitask and make decisions under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- General computer literacy with a good knowledge of Office365
- Have minimum of 2 years work experience in operations